Cheesy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
Brussels Sprouts made more delicious with a creamy cheese sauce and bacon!
Servings 5 servings
- 1 1/2 lb fresh Brussels sprouts 1 to 1 1/2 inch, cut in half (6 cups)*
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 can 18 oz Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy three cheese cooking sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese 2 oz
- 6 slices bacon crisply cooked, crumbled
Heat oven to 350°F. In 3-quart saucepan, place Brussels sprouts and enough water just to cover sprouts. Heat to boiling; boil 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; place in ungreased 2-quart casserole.
In same saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender. Add flour; cook until well blended (mixture will be thick). Gradually add cooking sauce until mixture is well blended. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over Brussels sprouts in casserole; mix gently.
Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with bacon.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 491mg | Potassium: 624mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1280IU | Vitamin C: 117.3mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 2.3mg