Skillet Bacon and Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 5 servings
- 12 oz Horizon® Macaroni & Mild Cheddar Cheese 2 boxes
- 1/2 cup Horizon Organic® Milk
- 4 tbsp Horizon Organic® Butter
- 12 oz broccoli florets cooked to crisp-tender
- 1/2 lb bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 shallot diced
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbls butter melted
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Prepare mac and cheese according to box instructions.
Meanwhile, brown bacon in a large skillet. Remove with a slotted spoon.
Remove all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease.
Saute shallot in skillet until translucent.
Return bacon to skillet and stir in broccoli.
Stir in prepared mac and cheese.
Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle over the top.
Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.
Calories: 640kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1121mg | Potassium: 505mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1068IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 235mg | Iron: 3mg