Hawaiian Chicken and Rice Casserole
Get ready for a new favorite recipe - Hawaiian Chicken and Rice Casserole! An easy weeknight dinner that uses ingredients you probably already have in your pantry!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 13.5 oz coconut milk 1 can
- 20 oz pineapple chunks 1 can - drained, cut into smaller pieces
- 10.75 oz cream of chicken soup 1 can
- 8 oz water chestnuts 1 can - drained and diced
- 3 cup cooked chicken diced or shredded
- 6 green onions thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
Preheat oven to 350F.
Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook rice according to package directions substituting one cup of coconut milk for one cup of water.
Combine cooked rice and remaining ingredients (including the rest of the can of coconut milk) except for the chow mein noodles and half of the shredded cheese in the prepared dish.
Bake the casserole for 30 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese and chow mein noodles. Return the casserole to the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until cheese if melted.
Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 577mg | Potassium: 353mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 333IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 4mg