Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes are sure to be a new favorite! Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are enveloped in a rich, luscious mini cheesecake and drizzled with chocolate and peanut butter. An amazing recipe and one of the most frequently requested in our home. Perfect for potlucks, picnics, and parties! Easy and delicious! If you’re a big Reese’s fan like we are, make sure to check out these Reese’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Bars and Reese’s Muddy Buddies – so good!
If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time you might have discovered that I have a thing for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. A big thing. I named my son after them. You get it now right? So another one of my addictions great loves is cheesecake. Combine the two and you have Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes.
What Are Mini Cheesecakes
Mini Cheesecakes are just like a regular cheesecake – except smaller. They are great for parties because they are single serving size and can be hand-held. Just pick up and go!
This mini cheesecake recipe uses a muffin tin. It’s really the perfect size for mini cheesecakes and they look so cute! I have served these many times at various parties – especially for Reece’s birthday parties! You can imagine I go a little Reese’s crazy for Reece 😉
If Reese’s aren’t your thing, you can easily substitute your favorite candy in place of the Reese’s. Maybe Snickers, Milky Ways, etc. Just buy the mini size and you’re good to go!
What Do I Need To Make Mini Cheesecakes?
This mini cheesecake recipes use the same ingredients that a traditional cheesecake recipe would use – you just need a mini cheesecake pan, or muffin tin, to make them. This brand here is the same brand that I recommended in my Must Have 25 Kitchen Gadgets collection. Excellent quality!
For the crust:
- graham cracker crumbs
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- cream cheese
- all-purpose flour
- vanilla extract
For the topping:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter chips
- chocolate chips
How To Make Mini Cheesecakes
- Place a cup liner in each cup of your muffin pan.
- Make the graham cracker crust.
- Press the crust into the bottom of each cup.
- Place a Reese’s in the center of the crust in each cup.
- Prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the Reese’s and bake.
- Let the cheesecakes cool before serving.
If you simply can’t wait – been there, done that – these mini cheesecakes are sensational when the chocolate is all ooey-gooey and melted but they really are better after they’ve cooled and chilled for awhile.
Mini Cheesecake Topping
The topping is really optional but what I do is so simple and I love that it gives a kind of sneak peek into what’s inside the cheesecake.
I simply melt peanut butter chips in the microwave and then use a fork to swirl the melted chips over the top of the cheesecakes. Do the same with the chocolate chips and voila! Magical!
More Reese’s Treats
- Easy Reese’s Peanut Butter Fluff
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Reese’s Marshmallow Brownie Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- Reese’s Stuffed Giant Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
How To Make Mini Cheesecakes
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 12 miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 16 oz ight cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Reese's Peanut Butter chips
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp shortening divided
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place a cup liner in each cup of your muffin pan. Make the graham cracker crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs, 3 Tbls sugar, and 3 Tbls melted butter. Combine until nice and crumbly.
- Press the crust into the bottom of each cup. I use about a heaping tablespoon of the mixture for each cup and then use the bottom of my ice cream scoop to flatten the crust down.
- Remove the wrappers from the Reese's. You will want to unwrap 14 total. 12 for the cheesecakes and two for a quick snack. Place a Reese's in the center of the crust in each cup.
- Beat the cream cheese until nice and fluffy. I use the light cream cheese so I can have two cheesecakes but you could use regular cream cheese if you would like ?
- Add in the sugar, flour and vanilla and continue beating until well combined. Add in the eggs one at time making sure they are well incorporated.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the Reese's, evenly dividing the mixture among the 12 cups. I use about ¼ c of the mixture for each cup. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the cheesecakes are set.
- Let the cheesecakes cool - or don't! They are so good when the chocolate is all ooey-gooey and melted but they really are better after they've cooled and chilled for a while. Melt the peanut butter chips and 1 tsp of shortening in the microwave and then use a fork to swirl the melted chips over the top of the cheesecakes. Do the same with the chocolate chips. Enjoy!
- Makes 12 cheesecakes. Store in refrigerator.
Originally published April 23, 2012.
For all s’mores recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day