The Best Blondies I’ve ever had! This easy, one-bowl blondie recipe yields extra chewy, buttery, rich, blondies with hardly any effort at all! Who knew the Best Blondies were so easy to make? Craving brownies instead? Make sure to try these Cheesecake Brownies or my other favorite The BEST Peanut Butter Brownies. So good you guys!
This post is sponsored by Challenge Dairy.
The BEST Blondie Recipe
As a natural blonde, I feel it’s my duty to post a blondie recipe that is going to rock your world 😉 I tested this recipe every day, multiple times, for over a week to make sure I was giving you the very best blondie recipe out there. Blondies are serious business after all.
This blondie recipe is extremely versatile and easier than you think. It’s a one bowl wonder and uses typical ingredients you probably already have on hand.
If you’re in a hurry and need to bake something for a party or just an easy dessert for a Tuesday, this is the recipe you need in your back pocket.
What is the Difference Between a Brownie and a Blondie?
Blondies are frequently compared to brownies because their texture and consistency is so similar. Brownies are all about the chocolate whereas blondies get their distinct butterscotch flavor from the combination of brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. It’s basically a cookie bar that has the amazing richness and chewiness that brownies are known for.
Many people have a strong preference for either blondies or brownies. My husband, not surprisingly, is into blondies.
Blondies use a copious amount of butter – two full sticks. The butter provides a tremendous amount of flavor as well as contributes to the moistness that a good blondie should exhibit.
I’m a stickler for quality ingredients, especially when it comes to baking. I used Challenge Unsalted Butter to ensure great flavor and quality in these epic blondies.
What Are Blondies Made Of?
Blondies are made with your typical baking ingredients:
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- corn starch (makes them exceptionally chewy)
- baking powder
- chips of your choice: butterscotch, peanut butter, semi-sweet, or white chocolate chips
If you should so desire, top them with vanilla ice cream and butterscotch or caramel sauce for the most decadent, sinful treat imaginable.
Tips For The BEST Blondies
To make these blondies the best they can be, I used a few tricks that I have developed over the years for amazing results.
- Make sure to pack your brown sugar when measuring. This will make sure your blondies have great flavor and the right amount of moistness.
- Use REAL vanilla extract. I know that vanilla is insanely pricey right now due to a shortage of vanilla beans, but using real vanilla, if possible, produces the best flavor.
- Corn starch. You’re not going to see this in a lot of blondie recipes but it deserves to be there. Just like in my favorite cookie recipes, corn starch makes these bars more tender and chewy.
- I use an extra egg yolk just like in my favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe! I’ve been making cookies this way for almost a decade now and it makes SUCH a difference. Don’t leave it out!
- Make sure you let your butter cool for 5 minutes or so after melting. That way you ensure you won’t run into any issues when you add the eggs. We’re making blondies, not scrambled eggs after all 🙂
- I used white chocolate chips in this particular version but during my testing I tried every flavor of chip you can imagine and there wasn’t one that wasn’t spectacular. Use your favorite!
Make sure to try these dessert favorites:
- Irresistible Key Lime Pie Bars
- Coconut Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Cheesecake Brownies
- 5 Minute Fantasy Bars – Just 4 Ingredients!
How To Make Blondies
The BEST Blondies
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 2/3 cups brown sugar packed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butterscotch, peanut butter, semi-sweet, or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 baking pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter and sugar. Stir well to combine.
- Stir in eggs, egg yolk and vanilla extract until completely combined.
- Add flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt. Stir just until combined.
- Fold in chips of your choice.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes or until an inserted toothpick near the edge comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars and serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.