Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside! This easy-to-follow Air Fryer Baked Potato recipe calls for just 3 ingredients and a few minutes of prep. Top these potatoes with your favorite toppings for the perfect side dish to any meal!
Looking for more baked potato recipes? Make sure to try my Baked Potato Recipe and Twice Baked Potato Casserole!
The Best Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
These Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are a delicious and easy-to-make side dish that is sure to be a hit with your family. They have a flavorful, crispy skin and fluffy, tender center, that makes them the perfect complement to any meal. This recipe is easy to follow, uses a few simple ingredients, and can be customized with a variety of delicious toppings.
Our air fryer is quickly becoming a treasured member of the family! We have started using it at least once a day. Whether it’s popping some tater tots in it for breakfast, or making this Air Fryer Shrimp for dinner, we keep discovering more and more delicious ways to make our lives a bit easier.
With just a few simple steps, you can have a batch of perfectly “baked” potatoes in no time. Plus, the air fryer ensures that they cook evenly and with a wonderfully tasty and crispy skin.
Only three ingredients are needed to make a baked potato in the air fryer. It’s all about proper prep, seasoning and of course, how long to cook the potatoes. As always, you can find the full printable recipe with complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need…
- Potatoes: I like to use Russet potatoes for this recipe. They have a high starch content the helps achieve crispy skin and a light, fluffy interior.
- Oil: Brushing the potatoes with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil helps the skin get nice and crispy. You could use another type of oil like canola or vegetable oil if you prefer.
- Salt: A sprinkle of kosher or sea salt brings out the flavor of the potatoes and helps to create a crispy exterior.
Feel free to experiment with different seasonings when making baked potatoes in the air fryer. Consider seasoning blends, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, etc.
How To Make Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
This recipe couldn’t be simpler! We’re talking just a few minutes of prep and then the air fryer does the rest of the work for you. Here’s how easy it is:
- Prep. Scrub the potatoes clean and then thoroughly dry. Poke the potatoes all over with a fork. Brush the oil evenly over the potatoes and then sprinkle with the salt.
- Air Fry. Place the potatoes in the air fryer, making sure they are not touching, and then turn the air fryer to 400°F. Air fry the potatoes for 25 to 30 minutes. Flip the potatoes over and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until you can easily insert a knife into the middle of the potato.
- Serve. Remove the potatoes from the air fryer and cut open. Use a fork to fluff the insides and then load up with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Baked Potato Toppings
You really can’t go wrong with these baked potatoes! Delicious straight from the air fryer, you can also load them up with some of your favorite toppings. Here are some ideas:
- butter – Seriously, you can never go wrong with butter.
- shredded cheese – Any cheese you like such as sharp cheddar, colby jack, etc.
- chives or green onions – This is a classic choice as it adds a pop of color and freshness to your air fryer baked potato.
- bacon – Adds a salty, savory finish to the potatoes. Try my Air Fryer Bacon or Baked Bacon for this!
- sour cream – So creamy and adds a nice tangy flavor. Greek yogurt is also a good option!
- chili – We love to make up a batch of Crockpot Chili to serve with this air fryer baked potatoes – so good!
These Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are best when served hot and fresh out of the air fryer. However, if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
To reheat, simply place them back in the air fryer for a few minutes until heated through.
Variations To Try
One of the best things about Air Fryer Baked Potatoes is how customizable they are. Here are some delicious ways to dress up your potatoes:
- Loaded Baked Potatoes. Top your potatoes with cheese, bacon, and sour cream for a classic loaded baked potato flavor.
- Taco Potatoes. Make up ground beef and season with taco seasoning. Add to the potatoes and top with shredded cheese and pico de gallo.
- Garlic Parmesan Potatoes. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder and grated Parmesan cheese for a delicious and savory flavor.
Trish’s Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to scrub the potatoes thoroughly before cooking to remove any dirt or debris.
- Dry completely so the skin gets nice and crispy.
- Select potatoes that are a similar size so they cook evenly.
- Be sure to poke the potatoes all over with a fork to release the steam while cooking.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket – cook the potatoes in batches if necessary.
- Insert a fork or knife into the center of a potato to see if it’s done. If it easily goes through, they’re ready!
Frequently Asked Questions
Nope! Leave the skin on! It has a lot of nutritional value and is deliciously crispy after being air fried. Make sure to scrub the potatoes well and then dry them thoroughly.
I definitely prefer a Russet for this recipe but Yukon Gold potatoes would also be delicious.
That isn’t necessary. Just place the potatoes in the air fryer and then set to 400°F.
More Delicious Potato Recipes
How To Make Air Fryer Baked Potato
Air Fryer Baked Potato
- 3 to 4 Russet potatoes medium to large
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or canola or vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sea salt or kosher salt
- butter, salt, pepper, shredded cheese, chives, bacon, green onions, chili
- Scrub the potatoes clean and then thoroughly dry. Poke the potatoes multiple times all over using the tines of a fork.
- Brush the oil evenly over the potatoes and then sprinkle generously with the salt.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer, making sure they are not touching, and then turn the air fryer to 400°F.
- Air fry the potatoes for 25 to 30 minutes. Flip the potatoes over and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until you can easily insert a knife into the middle of the potato.
- Remove the potatoes from the air fryer and cut open. Use a fork to fluff the insides and then load up with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply