Today is the perfect day to indulge in these Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Clouds! The most incredible chocolate cookies you’ve ever had topped with a marshmallow cloud and decadent chocolate frosting! It’s impossible to say no to these glorious treats!
I adore a good cookie. I mean, portable, hand-held, easily consumed, kid-friendly, and the variations are truly endless. I might have mentioned a few times that my boys have an obsession with marshmallows – especially in cookies. I quite literally have to hide the marshmallow bags because if they see one, it’s gone.
We have an ottoman in our family room and I’ve taken to hiding my bags of marshmallows and other goodies that are for the blog in there. It worked perfectly until the boys discovered this secret hiding spot a few weeks ago and now think it’s perfectly acceptable to open it up and pick out their favorite treats. #momfail
I decided I better quickly make these cookies for you before the marshmallows disappeared so here they are!
If you’ve been a reader for long, you know that I have a favorite chocolate cookie recipe. It’s super easy, no mixer required, and produces amazingly soft chocolate cookies that are the perfect base for so many creations.
I took these up a notch today.
Instead of adding water to the dough, I added coffee. Duh. I mean it really brings out even more chocolate flavor.
Then I went and topped each cookie with a half of a large marshmallow and then because if we’re eating cookies, let’s eat a cookie, I topped that with a rich chocolate frosting.
I debated on the frosting and was actually decided between the chocolate peanut butter glaze I used on this Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pound Cake and the frosting that I ended up using. Either would be amazing.
The verdict is in. These are my boys’ new favorite cookie – soooo good!
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter (I used Skippy Natural)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 tbsp coffee
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 12 large marshmallow cut in half
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ - ¾ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream sugars, butter and peanut butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg, vanilla and coffee and beat until well blended.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients.
- Fold in chopped pecan.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Dough is very thick.
- Flatten each cookie slightly and bake for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Lightly press half a marshmallow, cut side down, into the top of each cookie. Bake for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Heat on high for 30 seconds, stir, repeat. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in powdered sugar until desired consistency is achieved.
- Spoon frosting over the top of cooled cookie. Let stand until frosting has set.
More chocolate and peanut butter favorites!
For all Reese’s recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!