Note: You can use any wood you have on hand to build this box.
1. Measure the base of the Kleenex Hand Towel box.
2. Cut out the base piece. I made mine slightly larger than the bottom of the box so it can slide in and out easily.
3. Cut the end pieces. They should be the same width as the base. Measure the total length including the end pieces and cut out two pieces for the front and the back.
4. Put the pieces together to make sure everything fits perfectly.
5. Spread a thin layer of wood glue on each edge. (Make sure to clean up excess glue with a damp paper towel.)
6. Nail together making sure to line up the edges each time.
7. (optional) I wanted a decorative element on the front of the holder so I cut a paint stirrer to fit the length of the box.
8. Glue and nail down the paint stirrer.
9. Spray paint with your choice of color and finish. I chose a stone finish to give the holder some textural interest. The finish looks so awesome! I can’t wait to try this on spray paint on another project!
Disclosure: I was selected for participation in this campaign as a member of Clever Girls Collective.